Fermob, a public limited company with capital of €1,686,252, registered with the Trade & Companies Register of Bourg-en-Bresse under number 349 797 357, having its registered office at:
As controller of personal data, Fermob agrees to protect privacy.
Fermob is aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of the personal data of individuals and is committed to protecting such data in accordance with the personal data protection regulations applicable in Europe and in France, in particular the provisions of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April 2016 (European Regulation known as the "GDPR") as well as the legal provisions adopted subsequently in France.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of the practices regarding the collection, use and sharing of information that you may provide to Fermob through the website www.fermob-contract.com (hereafter “the Website”).
This policy sets out how we handle personal data.
Please read this document carefully to learn about and understand our practices regarding the processing of your personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data” or “Data”) when you interact with us through our Website or our social media.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that could directly or indirectly allow the identification of an individual: surname, forename, postal address, telephone number, email address or IP address, mobile location data etc.
When is your data collected?
Fermob may collect your Data in different ways:
- the data you provide directly to them;
- data they may obtain from third party sources.
Fermob may collect personal data when you browse the Website, fill in various contact forms, choose to receive our news or send email directly.
Fermob ensures they collect and process only Data that are strictly necessary for the purpose of the processing that is carried out.
At the time of collection of your personal data, Fermob informs you of the necessity or otherwise of the collection, the purpose of the collection and the rights you have to refuse the commercial use of your data by Fermob.
- Minors’ data:
We do not collect any Data from minors.
However, if ever we are informed or learn that Personal Data of a minor has been collected, such Personal Data will be immediately and permanently deleted.
Purposes of processing
Uses of Customer Data by Fermob may include:
- Sending of commercial offers, personalised or not, whether for Fermob Customers or as part of subscription to the newsletter, if the Customer has expressly given its consent to receive such messages;
- Performance of statistical studies and analyses of browsing habits on the Website of Fermob Customers, if the customer has accepted the use and installation of analytical cookies (more information about cookies on this page).
- Geolocation, with your consent, to help in the search for Fermob dealers and stores near the Customer's location, provided the location is shared through the cookies or the browser.
Data collected indirectly will only be used to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic on the Website, to develop the design and layout of the Website and for other administrative and planning purposes and more generally to improve the service offered by Fermob.
Such Data are collected only for the purposes listed below, each time you use one of our features or services.
Recipients of Personal Data
The personal data collected by Fermob are intended for its own use and that of its partners.
Indeed, Fermob may transmit your personal data to contractual service providers for the processing of your e-commerce purchases and orders (e.g. a carrier).
Fermob will also collaborate with commercial partners for marketing and customer relationship management, in order to provide you with personalised or other offers. To that end, Fermob may receive and pass on to their partners the changes you report concerning your personal data and receive and pass on the non-electronic contact data (postal address) and profile data (excluding personal data) you submit.
However, such third parties shall not be authorised by Fermob to use the Data for purposes other than that of providing services under an agreement with Fermob.
At no time will Fermob transfer or share your personal data with companies whose purpose is the acquisition of prospects and the sending of commercial solicitations by SMS or email without your consent.
Such transfers shall be in strict compliance with the regulations in force concerning personal data.
Fermob agrees to ensure that the selected partners present sufficient guarantees to meet the requirements of applicable data protection legislation.
Legal reasons for disclosing your data
Fermob may disclose your Personal Data to third parties only in the following specific cases:
- For assistance purposes if Fermob needs to call upon service providers to provide support and maintenance services;
- For the purpose of complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceedings or other legal obligation or for the purpose of protecting the rights of Fermob, their employees, customers or others;
- For security purposes or for investigations to prevent security, fraud or technical problems;
- In case of merger/absorption or acquisition of Fermob by another company;
- In case of sale or transfer of Fermob;
- In the event of reorganisation, collective procedures, or any other similar event, in accordance with applicable law.
Data storage period
Fermob is also entitled to store and process Personal Data by virtue of their legitimate interest. Fermob may also retain your Personal Data after you have ceased to use the services of Fermob in accordance with legal requirements.
At the end of that period, Fermob undertakes to permanently delete all documents and files containing the Data.
However, the Personal Data necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations or to provide evidence of respective rights and obligations will be kept by Fermob.
In any case, at the end of each storage period, the Personal Data will be permanently deleted.
Data security and confidentiality
Fermob shall take all necessary measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data transmitted to them, in compliance with applicable legal provisions, in particular by putting in place technical and organisational measures to prevent them from being used, disclosed, captured or damaged by unauthorised third parties.
In accordance with the regulations, you have:
- a right to access;
- a right to rectification;
- a right to deletion;
- a right to be forgotten;
- a right to dereferencing;
- a right to object;
- a right to portability of all your data;
- a right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- a right not to be subject to individual decision-making based exclusively on automated processing such as profiling;
- a right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (“CNIL”, French data protection authority) whose website is accessible at the following link: https://www.cnil.fr/.
If you have consented to the processing of personal data you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You also have the right to indicate what should be done with your personal data after your death.
You may exercise these rights as follows:
- Either by sending an email to email@example.com
- Or using the online form accessible by clicking here.
- Or by post to the address:
You may at any time address your questions about the collection, storage and processing of your personal data by contacting our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org